Table of Contents
Post resources related to the effective use of learning centers here.
Learning Centers Revised.doc
- This handout includes a rationale for trying learning centers with your students, options for structuring them, and ideas for activities to try.
Learning Center Task Card Template Revised.doc
- Template for constructing learning center instructions
Rapid Learning Stations: Learning a Lot in a Little Time
- Brief article explains how to plan and implement learning centers. Suggestions for variations at the end are particularly useful
Questions About Learning Centers
- Answers to some common questions teachers may have about learning centers
Ideas for Learning Center Activities
- From Jean Pacheco on FLTEACH
- Interesting learning centers from a middle school science teacher that could be easily adapted for use in a world language classroom
Linda Holliman Center Photos
- Scroll down to Workshops to see photos of both materials and actual learning centers. Useful for getting ideas
Learning Center Task Card Template.doc
- A blank template you can use to write instructions for learning centers
Rotation Stations Schedule
Example of filled out schedule
Laura Candler's File Cabinet
- Sample activity instruction sheets for elementary learning centers where students work in teams, play games, etc.
(for Learning Centers)
Bartering & Formal Commands (Spanish 2)
Exploring the Spanish Empire in the Americas
(scroll to the bottom for activity packets)
French World Cup
Gustar & Art
Health/Body Part Words
- Nicely formatted PDFs with ideas for different kinds of literacy learning centers for elementary classes. Many could be adapted for use at the secondary level
: Learning Centers on Natural Disasters.
Picasso, Body Parts, Reflexive Verbs
Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking
TPRS (Past v. Present Tenses)
Work Stations at the Virtual Vine
- Links to ideas and photos of lots of different kinds of stations. Might give you some ideas and many could be adapted for older learners
More learning center lesson plans . . .
Still more learning center lesson plans . . .
Contributions to http://languagelinks2006.wikispaces.com/ are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License
Portions not contributed by visitors are Copyright 2017 Tangient LLC
TES: The largest network of teachers in the world
Turn off "Getting Started"